The Best WordPress Plugins Of All Time – Part II
This post is in continuation to our earlier post – Part I
16. BulletProof Security WordPress Security Plugin
The BulletProof Security WordPress Security plugin is perfected to be lightening fast, robust and 1-click security plugin to add .htaccess website security protection for your WordPress website. Activate .htaccess website security and .htaccess website under maintenance modes from within your WordPress Dashboard – no FTP required.
The BulletProof Security WordPress plugin is a one click security solution that creates, copies, renames, moves or writes to the provided BulletProof Security .htaccess master files. BulletProof Security protects both your Root website folder and wp-admin folder with .htaccess website security protection, as well as providing additional website security protection.
17. WP Wizard Cloak (PAID)
18. Related Content by Wordnik
Engage yourself and your readers with content discovery: add related content to your posts automatically with thumbnails or plain text. Include recommendations only to your own content, or to that of friends and associates, or to any site at all.
New: add related links to full posts on your index page. Keep readers engaged even if they don’t click through to your post page.
It is a new tool for bloggers that increases reader engagement with your content. This keeps readers happy and on the site longer, leading to higher page views and more time on site thereby reducing the bounce rate. Best of all, the processing takes place on Wordnik’s servers so your blog doesn’t slow down at all.
Related Content by Wordnik also helps with search engine optimization (SEO). Related links are indexable by search engines and can be used to evaluate page rankings in search results.
Related Content by Wordnik also gives you a direct connection to the Wordnik API, which puts the web’s largest dictionary and thesaurus at your fingertips. Use the power of Wordnik’s word graph to dispel writer’s block and keep your posts fresh and engaging.
19. Network Publisher
Publish your blog posts automatically to multiple Social Networks including Twitter, Facebook Profile, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn, MySpace, Yammer, Yahoo and many more…
20. Table of Contents Plus
It was built with Wikipedia in mind, the table of contents appears before the first heading on a page by default. This permits the administrator to insert lead-in content that may summarise or introduce the rest of the page.
This essential WordPress plugin is great for content rich sites. It includes the administration panel which can utilized to customize the settings for display, minimum headings, appearance etc. You can also use shortcodes to override the default behaviour on specific pages or hide the table of contents.
21. Facebook Recommend Button
This plugin will allow adding a FaceBook Recommend Button to each of your post, after the post body. It is a revolutionary invention for social media optimization. Every time, a Facebook user clicks the recommend button, it automatically creates a status post on that user’s Facebook wall’s timeline. The chances of getting handsome traffic increases and you get targetted visitors ot your site just installing this essential WordPress plugin.
22. Copyright Proof
A copyright notice with teeth! Prove ownership, protect your copyright, and copy protect. Obtain a digitally signed and time-stamped certificate of content of each wordpress post (for proof of copyright). Inserts combined certification. copyright, licensing, and attribution notice at end of post. At your option, your post’s url will be shown on digiprove.com (will be a hyperlink for Digiprove subscribers) to your post. Optional anti-theft feature to copy protect your content.
Allows WordPress users to send email updates to a given email address any time an RSS feed is updated.
The SendFeed plugin permits to send the latest post(s) from your RSS feed to an external Mailing List Manager in both text and html formats. It is capable of sending messages out immediately, at predefined intervals such as daily/weekly/monthly or manually.
The text and HTML templates are completely customisable on a per feed basis so you can tailor the emails to suit the list or feed you are using.
Potential uses include: * Automatically kick off formatted emails to mailing list managers on blog feed update. * Email notifications to one or more people on feed updates. * Track your favourite blog feeds by email.
Features: * HTML + Text Emails * Ability to include custom mail header fields * Flexible send schedule including fifteen minute, daily, weekly, monthly or manual sending
24. Author Product Review
Adding this pluging will benefit you to display your post rating, author name and price in the Google search result and can increase the click-through rate of your post. Why You Should Implement Rich Snippets?
According to Google, rich snippet, extracts and provide more useful information to the users from web pages than the preview text that you are used to seeing.”
Google’s Rich Snippets Testing Tool
Once you install this plugin, and publish your first product review, you can use Google’s Rich Snippets Testing Tool to check your markup and make sure that Google can extract the structured data from your product review post. This tool will display a preview of how your product review might appear in Google search results.
25. OnlyWire For WordPress [OFFICIAL]
Upon activating this plugin on your WordPress Dashboard, every time you publish a pist, OnlyWire will pick up your post automatically and submit to all the social media networks you have set-up with your OnlyWire account.
SharePress is a top WordPress plugin that helps you communicate with your tribes on Facebook and Twitter by automatically publishing your WordPress posts the moment they become live on your site.
This is a must have plugin if you are power user of FaceBook and Twitter.
SharePress enables you to:
- Publish your WordPress posts to any/all of the Facebook pages you manage
- Repost old content on a schedule: keep traffic flowing to your site day and night
- Publish to your Facebook wall
- Publish to your Twitter followers
- Customize each Facebook status message
- Control the image Facebook uses just by setting the post’s featured image
- Customize Twitter hashtag
- Publish while you sleep: social messaging is published when posts go live
27. MaxBlogPress Optimizer
Whenever you create a post, this plugin will ping and notify all the ping services that there is a new post published at your site. This encourages search engines to come faster and index your post. However, when you edit, it won’t send ping again. It only sends once you publish. Period.
When you schedule a post, it only pings when your site goes live in the future and not when you schedule
This is one of the most powerful of all plugins listed in my lists.
28. All in one SEO Pack
- Google Analytics support
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
29. Google Analytics For WordPress
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- This plugin uses the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Option to manually place the tracking code in another location.
- Automatic Google Analytics site speed tracking.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews in Google Analytics.
- Allows usage of custom variables in Google Analytics to track meta data on pages. Support for the following custom variables:
- Single category and / or multiple categories
- Post type (especially useful if you use custom post types)
- Logged in users
- Publication Year
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Easily connect your Google AdSense and Google Analytics accounts.
- Option to tag links with Google Analytics campaign tracking, with the option to use hashes (#).
- Option anonymize IP’s, for use in countries like Germany.
- Full debug mode, including Firebug lite and ga_debug.js for debugging Google Analytics issues.
- Allow local hosting of ga.js file.
- Tracking of search engines not included in Google Analytics default tracking.
- Tracking of login and registration forms.
30. WordPress Importer
- Posts, pages and other custom post types
- Custom fields and post meta
- Categories, tags and terms from custom taxonomies