The Best WordPress Plugins Of All Time – Part III
This post is in continuation to our earlier post – Part II.
31. WP Super Cache
Unique caching engine for WordPress which produce static html files so that the web server will serve that generated file instead of heavier PHP scripts.
However, the static html files will be served to limited users who are not logged in, or users who have not commented on your blog or users who have not viewed a password protected post. because a user’s details are displayed in the comment form after they leave a comment those requests are handled by the legacy caching engine.
99% of your visitors will be served static html files. Those users who don’t see the static files will still benefit because they will see different cached files that aren’t quite as efficient but still better than uncached.
32. NextGEN Gallery
NextGEN Gallery is one of the most popular photo gallery plugin with over 5 million downloads.
It supports a powerful platform for uploading and managing image galleries, with the ability to batch upload, import meta data, add/delete/rearrange/sort images, edit thumbnails, group galleries into albums, and more. It provides two front-end display styles (slideshows and thumbnail galleries), both of which come with a wide array of options for controlling size, style, timing, transitions, controls, lightbox effects, and more.
33. Ultimate TinyMCE
- No need to learn the languages of HTML and CSS (although the basics can certainly help) when creating your pages/posts.
- Easily manipulate your fonts, font sizes, colors, styles, and css from a graphical user interface.
- Shortcodes Manager – Now all your shortcodes are available in a handy dropdown box.
- Create tables through a grahical interface (much like microsoft excel) to display your data.
- Insert YouTube videos by simply copying and pasting the share url.
- Graphical Image Mapping to make your images more exciting.
- Use shortcodes to insert column breaks. This is a VERY cool feature. You can break any content area into up to six separate columns.
- Ultimate Tinymce will add more than 30 new buttons and features to your visual editor.
This plugin provides the
wp_pagenavi() template tag which generates fancy pagination links.
- Manage multiple schedules.
- Super simple to use, no setup required.
mysqldumpfor faster back ups if they are available.
- Works in low memory, “shared host” environments.
- Option to have each backup file emailed to you.
- Works on Linux & Windows Server.
- Exclude files and folders from your back ups.
- Good support should you need help.
- Translations for Spanish, German, Chinese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Lithuanian, Italian, Czech, Dutch, French, Basque.
36. WP e-Commerce
- Easy to install WordPress plugin
- Works with any standards compliant WordPress theme
- Plays well with other Plugins
- Supports regular WordPress widgets, as well as a few snazzy ones of our own
- Utilizes shortcodes and template tags (just like WordPress)
- Works out-of-the-box with WordPress MU (make sure you use sub domains with your MU setup)
37. WordFence Security
- Scans core files, themes and plugins against WordPress.org repository versions to check their integrity.
- WordPress Multi-Site (or WordPress MU in the older parlance) compatible.
- Wordfence Security for multi-site also scans all posts and comments across all blogs from one admin panel.
- Premium users can also block countries and schedule scans for specific times and a higher frequency.
- See how files have changed. Optionally repair changed files that are security threats.
- Scans for signatures of over 44,000 known malware variants that are known security threats.
- Scans for many known backdoors including C99, R57, RootShell, Crystal Shell, Matamu, Cybershell, W4cking, Sniper, Predator, Jackal, Phantasma, GFS, Dive, Dx and many many more.
- Continuously scans for malware and phishing URL’s including all URL’s on the Google Safe Browsing List in all your comments, posts and files that are security threats.
- Scans for heuristics of backdoors, trojans, suspicious code and other security issues.
- Checks the strength of all user and admin passwords to enhance login security.
- Monitor your DNS security for unauthorized DNS changes.
- Includes a firewall to block common security threats like fake Googlebots, malicious scans from hackers and botnets.
- Rate limit or block security threats like aggressive crawlers, scrapers and bots doing security scans for vulnerabilities in your site.
- Choose whether you want to block or throttle users and robots who break your security rules.
- Includes login security to lock out brute force hacks and to stop WordPress from revealing info that will compromise security.
- See all your traffic in real-time, including robots, humans, 404 errors, logins and logouts and who is consuming most of your content. Enhances your situational awareness of which security threats your site is facing.
- Real-time traffic includes reverse DNS and city-level geolocation. Know which geographic area security threats originate from.
- Monitors disk space which is related to security because many DDoS attacks attempt to consume all disk space to create denial of service.
- Actions: Create any quantity of the albums in gallery.
- Description: Add description to each album.
- Actions: Possibility to set featured image as cover of the album.
- Actions: Possibility to load any number of photos to each album in the gallery.
- Actions: Possibility to add Single Gallery to your page or post with shortcode.
- Actions: Option to make the sorting settings of attachments in the admin panel.
- Caption: Add caption to each photo in the album.
- Display: You can select dimensions of the thumbnails for the cover of the album as well as for photos in the album.
- Display: A possibility to select a number of the photos for the separate page of album of the gallery which will be placed in one line.
- Slideshow: User can review all photos in album in full size and in slideshow.
Payment Gateways, Shipping Methods and Integrations are important to any store – WC comes bundled with the following:
- PayPal Standard Gateway – Accept credit cards and PayPal payments
- Mijireh Checkout – Accept credit cards via Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal, eWay, SagePay, Braintree, PayLeap, and more.
- BACS, Cheque and Cash on Delivery – Simple offline gateways
- Flat rate shipping – Ship your items using a flat cost
- Free shipping – Ship for free, or require a coupon to enable
- International delivery, Local delivery and local Pickup
- Google Analytics – Powerful analytics, including eCommerce tracking
- Sharedaddy and ShareThis – Let your customers share your products with their friends
- ShareYourCart – Encourage your customers to share their purchases in return for a coupon
WPtouch automatically transforms your WordPress website into an application-like theme, complete with ajax loading articles and effects when viewed from the most popular mobile web browsing devices like the iPhone, iPod touch, Android mobile devices, Palm Pre/Pixi and BlackBerry OS6 mobile devices.
The admin panel allows you to customize many aspects of its appearance, and deliver a fast, user-friendly and stylish version of your site to touch mobile visitors, without modifyinga single bit of code (or affecting) your regular desktop theme.
The theme also includes the ability for visitors to switch between WPtouch view and your site’s regular theme.
42. Breadcrumb NavXT
Breadcrumb NavXT, the successor to the popular WordPress plugin Breadcrumb Navigation XT, was written from the ground up to be better than its ancestor. This plugin generates locational breadcrumb trails for your WordPress powered blog or website. These breadcrumb trails are highly customizable to suit the needs of just about any website running WordPress. The Administrative interface makes setting options easy, while a direct class access is available for theme developers and more adventurous users.
43. WP Maintenance Mode
Adds a maintenance-page to your blog that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenancetime. User with rights for theme-options get full access to the blog including the frontend. Activate the plugin and your blog is in maintenance-mode, works and see the frontend, only registered users with enough rights. You can use a date with a countdown for informations the visitors or set a value and unit for infomrations. Also you can add urls for exlude of maintenance mode.
44. s2 Member
The s2Member® Framework (free) integrates with PayPal® Website Payments Standard (also free), and fully supports recurring billing. s2Member supports custom Pages for registration (including Custom Registration/Profile Fields), account access, and a lot more. s2Member is compatible with Multisite Networking too, and even with BuddyPress and bbPress. With the s2Member® Pro add-on (an optional paid upgrade), you can add support for unlimited Membership Levels, PayPal® Website Payments Pro (w/ Pro Forms to facilitate on-site credit card processing), Authorize.Net® (also with Pro Forms), Google® Checkout, ClickBank®, advanced User Import/Export tools, the ability to use Coupon Codes, and many other enhancements. Videos available at: s2Member.com / Videos.
s2Member supports Free Subscribers (at Level #0), and up to four primary Membership Levels [1-4] (unlimited with s2Member® Pro). You can label your Membership Levels anything you like. The defaults are Free, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. s2Member also supports an unlimited number of Custom Capability Packages. Custom Capabilities are an easy way to extend s2Member in creative ways. Custom Capabilities allow you to create an unlimited number of Membership Packages, all with different Capabilities and prices.
s2Member allows you to protect Pages, Posts, Tags, Categories, URIs, URI word fragments, URI Replacement Codes for BuddyPress, Specific Post/Page “Buy Now” Access, and even portions of content within Posts/Pages/themes/plugins. All settings are configurable through the s2Member Options panel. This makes s2Member VERY easy to integrate into any site powered by WordPress®. With s2Member, you can also protect downloadable files, using restrictions to control how many downloads can occur within a certain amount of time; all based on Membership Level or even Custom Capabilities. sMember® can even integrate with Amazon® S3 and CloudFront (optional) for serving protected audio/video streams over an RTMP protocol.
45. Broken Link Checker
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.