The Best WordPress Plugins Of All Time – Part IV
This post is in continuation to our earlier post – Part III.
Disqus, pronounced “discuss”, is a service and tool for web comments and discussions. Disqus makes commenting easier and more interactive, while connecting websites and commenters across a thriving discussion community.
The Disqus for WordPress plugin seamlessly integrates using the Disqus API and by syncing with WordPress comments.
- Threaded comments and replies
- Notifications and reply by email
- Subscribe and RSS options
- Aggregated comments and social mentions
- Powerful moderation and admin tools
- Full spam filtering, blacklists and whitelists
- Support for Disqus community widgets
- Connected with a large discussion community
- Increased exposure and readership
A wordpress plugin to manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This is particularly useful if you are migrating pages from an old website, or are changing the directory of your WordPress installation.
- 404 error monitoring – captures a log of 404 errors and allows you to easily map these to 301 redirects
- Custom ‘pass-through’ redirections allowing you to pass a URL through to another page, file, or website.
- Full logs for all redirected URLs
- All URLs can be redirected, not just ones that don’t exist
- Redirection methods – redirect based upon login status, redirect to random pages, redirect based upon the referrer!
- Automatically add a 301 redirection when a post’s URL changes
- Manually add 301, 302, and 307 redirections for a WordPress post, or for any other file
- Full regular expression support
- Apache .htaccess is not required – works entirely inside WordPress
- Redirect index.php, index.html, and index.htm access
- Redirection statistics telling you how many times a redirection has occurred, when it last happened, who tried to do it, and where they found your URL
- Fully localized
48. White Label CMS
If you’re a web developer building websites for clients using WordPress, you probably spend a bit of time explaining all the references to WordPress in their new dashboard. The login URL (wp-login.php), the login screen, the dashboard and all the admin menu items can be confusing. The White Label CMS plugin allows you to customise the entire client experience including the login URL, login screen, dashboard and admin menus.
White Label CMS allows you to remove all the panels from the WordPress dashboard and insert your own panel, which you can use to write 2 personalised messages to your client and link to the important elements in the CMS.
It also allows you to add custom logos to the header and footer as well as the all important login page, giving your client a better branded experience of their new website. There is also the option to hide the nag update as well.
No longer will you have to tell your clients to ignore the dashboard!
49. All in one Event Calendar
Timely’s calendar software will meet your every need, whether you are an event publisher, manager, or seeker.Make your events more social, more visual, more discoverable with Timely.
The Members plugin is a user, role, and content management plugin. Its purpose is to make WordPress a more powerful CMS by giving you fine-grain control over the users of your site.
The current components are (more will come in future versions):
- Edit Roles: Edit your user roles and their capabilities.
- New Roles: Create new roles for use on your site.
- Content Permissions: Adds a meta box on your write post/page editor that allows you to restrict content to specific roles.
- Widgets: Adds a login form widget and user-listing widget that you can use in any widget area on your site.
- Shortcodes: Creates shortcodes that you can use to restrict or allow access to certain parts of your posts and pages (or any other shortcode-capable area).
- Template Tags: New functions for use within your WordPress theme for various things.
- Private Blog: Allows you to create a private blog that can only be accessed by users that are logged in (redirects them to the login page).
51. Simple FaceBook Connect
- Enables your site to connect to Facebook with JS SDK
- Implements OpenGraph tags, entirely automatically
- Comment using Facebook credentials (with Facebook avatar support)
- Automatically Publish new posts to Facebook Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Manually Publish posts to FB Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Integrate comments made on Facebook back into your own site
- Login with your Facebook credentials, optionally using Facebook avatars instead of Gravatars
- New user registration with Facebook credentials (using the Facebook Registration Authentication system)
- Facebook Photo Album integration in the Media uploader
- Like Button and shortcode
- User Status Widget and shortcode
- Live Stream Widget and shortcode
- Fan Box Widget and shortcode
- Fan Count Chicklet and Widget
- Activity Feed Widget
- “Share” button and Shortcode (reworked version of Like button, as Share button is no longer supported by Facebook)
52. Related Posts and Images
- Related posts: Get recommended related posts from your own blogs
- Increasing your authority: Increase your authority by linking to most authoritative related posts (good for SEO).
- Related Images: Use related images right from the sidebar. Proper credits are added by default.
- Link Love: Link to other bloggers’ related posts that we recommend and in turn, we’ll recommend your posts to other bloggers. Then find out how much love (links, tweets, likes) each of your posts received via Zemanta Dashboard.
After Zemanta analyzes your post, a simple point and click interface allows you to easily insert related posts, related images, links and tags. By not having to search for related posts, you will save time and increase the efficiency of your editorial process.
53. GD Star Rating
GD Star Rating plugin allows you to set up rating and review system for posts, pages and comments in your blog. You can set many options for displaying the rating stars, and add widgets into the sidebars for displaying top ratings and other statistics generated by the plugin. Plugin includes advanced settings panels that will allow you to control many aspects of rating. Plugin also supports multi ratings along with thumbs based ratings. Plugin supports use of cache plugins and dynamic loading of data using ajax.
54. SI Captcha Anti Spam
- Configure from Admin panel
- Allows Trackbacks and Pingbacks
- Setting to hide the CAPTCHA from logged in users and or admins
- Setting to show the CAPTCHA on the comment form, registration form, login, or all.
- Valid HTML
- Section 508 and WAI Accessibility Validation.
- I18n language translation support
- (see readme.txt inside the zip file for full instructions)
55. Social Login
- Social sharing widget
- One-click sharing
- Action-based triggers
- Ready-made buttons
- Works in all common Browsers
- Customized URL Shortener
Make it easy to spread the word!
Easily manage where, when and how ads are displayed using the super optimized dashboard. Tailored to work easily and give you a complete overview of what’s happening, at any time. Ads will tell you when they expire. Or when they de-activated themselves. All you have to do is keep an eye on the proceedings and create new ads or renew existing ones. After the first time setup all you have to do is manage your ads.
AdRotate will keep you updated!
Viruses, worms and malware exist for WordPress and could easily attack your WordPress installation. AntiVirus for WordPress monitors malicious injections and warns you of any possible attacks. With multilingual support. Simply, the plugin you must have.